Friday, October 26, 2012

skinny comments

It's been a while. I haven't been able to post because I've just been so busy with work and school. I had exams all week, which meant a whole lot of books and studying and very little sleep and social life. Tonight I finally met up with one of my best friends for dinner. I was really anxious about going because I get anxious when I'm not in control of my meals, plus I was trying to lose weight before my Halloween party (tomorrow night). I ended up going over to her house and we ordered in, which actually worked out because I was able to get a salad with grilled chicken. We drank wine, caught up, and had a ton of fun and I was leaving she made one of those uncomfortable "skinny" comments.. you know those comments where someone tells you that you look skinny (her exact words: "you look really skinny!"). I get so uncomfortable because I don't know how to respond. I don't want to tell her "oh good, cause I've been starting myself all week so yeah I'm glad you noticed a difference." Nope, can't say that. So instead I just said "oh, must be the stress!" Ugh. I don't know. I mean it's great to hear those words "you look skinny" but then I think "wait, wtf did I look like before then?" I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.

I feel good about my Halloween costume. It's a super cute semi-tight dress and I had to get spanx-like shapewear because you CAN SEE EVERYTHING, which means I can't wear a thong. And no underwear is a no go because I don't want my butt to jiggle around all night. I hope you all are doing well. I noticed that many of you have deleted your blogs :(

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had fun at the Halloween party, and I'm glad you had a good time with your friend :)

    ReplyDelete