Monday, April 2, 2012

time is now

Happy April. New month, fresh start. I'm determined to make this my best month ever. I'm still going strong on the 30 Day Shred and I'm seeing a noticeable difference in not on my body, but also my endurance and stamina. My arms are looking hot too due to all the push-ups and upper body exercises. I'm excited to get in bikini shape for summer. I know it's common sense, but I think I've finally realized that nourishing my body with clean, healthy foods and exercise really DOES lead to good things. My mood is better, my energy is better, my whole attitude and outlook on life is better. I'm tired of starving for perfection. It's been hard to up my calorie intake (right now I'm trying to eat 1200 per day) but it's been paying off big time.

Here are some daily/weekly goals I've made for myself to get the month started:

Daily Goals:
- nourish body with clean, healthy foods (lots of fruit, veggies, lean protein)
- exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, no excuses (right now doing 30DS)
- try to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night
- take vitamins
- drink at least 60 oz of water
- be fully engaged in everything I do

Weekly Goals:
- get heart pumping with at least 4 days of cardio
- limit sugar intake

3 comments:

  1. Oh God, the 30 day shred.. My everything aches just with the thought of it lol ^^ but you gotta love Jillian - she sure does know what she is doing. If you like the 30 day shred, you should also look into "ripped in 30 mins" ttly lovely ^^

    so glad you are feeling better :) and your goals look awsome :) Gl with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to hear you are doing so well!

    you motivated me to get jillian's 30 day shred...thank you! i'm only on day two but feeling pretty good about getting a fresh start with something new and different than running. i was ready for a change so thanks for the idea!

    i love all of your goals and pretty much have been doing about the same for the last few months. my daily calories are about 1100 so not too far off. no weight loss to speak of but i'm hoping to at least tone. i want those abs on the girl to the right of jillian!!!

    let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty - thank you!! I'll look into that one as well.

    shebeelu - thanks for the support! I'm happy you're getting into 30DS. I think it's a really good workout and easy to stick to. How's it going so far?

    ReplyDelete