Wednesday, March 21, 2012

new plan

This past week has been very busy with work, school, celebrating my birthday, and then getting sick afterwards. You know you're getting old when you immediately get sick after partying for 3 days in a row. Gah! I came down with a fever, body aches, chills, etc. I spent Monday and Tuesday in bed and finally went back to work today. I also went to the gym today for the first day in almost a week. I'm feeling good and motivated and have come up with a new plan to get ready for summer. I want to be fit and toned and comfortable in my own skin so I've come up with a weight training and cardio plan.

Monday and Tuesday I have class, which means no time for the gym. So Tuesday and Saturday I'm going to do chest, back, abs, cardio and Wednesday and Sunday I'm going to do shoulders, biceps, triceps, cardio. Friday will be my wild card day. If I'm in the mood then I'll do cardio, but if I have other plans or I'm not in the mood then I'll use it as a rest day or maybe do some other form of "fun" cardio.

Diet wise I'd like to focus on a weekly deficit so that I can roll over unused calories to the weekend, which is when I usually go out and eat and drink booze. I'd like to try and eat 3,500 calories below my BMR on the weekly basis, which equals one pound of fat loss per week. As for specific foods, I want to nourish my body with clean, healthy foods like lean protein, veggies, fruits, and low-fat dairy. I will try very, very hard to limit empty calorie foods to only once a week on the weekends. If I take this all day by day I KNOW I can make a habit to the point where I won't even have to think about it and it will just become second nature. I KNOW I can do this because I've done it before. It feels great. I just need to keep reminding myself.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan. It's what they always tell us we should do. Eat right and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekly deficit is a great idea.. :) The plan sounds amazing!

    You CAN do this! :)

    ReplyDelete