Wednesday, March 14, 2012

on track

I've been having a good week. I've realized that if I just focus on one day at a time and one step at a time then I can handle it all. Otherwise, I just get too overwhelmed. I saw this quote in a weight loss article the other day and it really struck a chord with me: "Forget about yesterday. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just focus on what you need to do today." It's so simplified, but it's so true. The little things will add up and if I just stay consistent and on track, I will eventually reach my goal.

My eating has been so clean this week and the biggest reason why is because my cabinets are bare to the bone. I typically like to buy 2-weeks worth of groceries every other weekend so that I save time and money. That first week I end up eating more than I should due to the amount and array of food in my apartment. But by the second week only the essentials are left (salads, fruits, chicken, tea) so I'm left with nothing to tempt me. What I REALLY should do is just buy the basics once a week. But I've tried doing that in the past and it's way more expensive for me.

Workouts have been good. Both Monday and Tuesday I had hard cardio sessions plus weights on Monday. I'm going to do weights again today with a quick, intense cardio session. Then more cardio on Thursday and Friday before this weekend. I'm celebrating my birthday this weekend and I'm actually really excited because so many people said they want to come out to party with me. I have a huge fear of rejection and often don't feel like I have many friends, so it's been really nice to hear that people want to celebrate with me that night.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so great! And you are so right.. Things do seem easier when you focus on taking it one day at teh time.. I should remember that.

    Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. I fear rejection and I also feel like I don't have too many friends. Focusing on one day at a time does sound so much less overwhelming. Thanks for pointing that out.

    ReplyDelete