Friday, March 2, 2012

great week

This is one of the best weeks I've had in a long time. I've been able to stay on track with absolutely ZERO slip ups. The scale showed a -5 lb loss for the week (hi, water weight) which is great but I'm feeling and looking a lot more leaner and lighter, which is even more motivating. I've changed up my gym workout to focus on bodyweight exercises like jumping jacks, lunges, planks, etc. and high intensity interval training cardio. I've feeling way more energized. Food wise, I've been keeping things simple and basically eating the same five foods every day. I'm in the middle of school midterms (which has been a big help in keeping me busy) so I haven't had time to food shop. I prefer to have fewer food options in my kitchen. Food makes me nervous and going grocery shopping creates anxiety for me because I don't trust myself. Sometimes I *think* I can buy a bag of pistachios like a normal person but then I end up binging and eating the whole thing within a day or two. These binge eating tendencies scare me. I've recently developed them and I'm not sure how. And I'm not sure how to stop it. So instead, I'm just going to stick with my safe foods until I can overcome that problem.

The weekend is finally here but I have a million and one things to do for school so I won't have much time for anything else. I've already planned out my gym times though. Making time to work out while I'm in study mode is very helpful in relieving stress.

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much lately. I hope you girls are all doing well. Thanks so much for encouraging me to stay on track when I was having a difficult time.

5 comments:

  1. 5 lbs! good for you!!! I developed those same tendencies after I started dieting and they are what destroyed all my progress. I got down from 155-137 and then binges took over and I gained it all back within 2 months. So my advice would be to tackle that problem as SOON as possible! I am miserably back at 154lb and wish i would have fixed the problem early!
    good luck!
    -G

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great loss - waterweight or not..

    I am ttly lost this week.. (yet again)

    Stay strong love.. I wish I was more like you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same with almonds. I'll buy a tin and they will be gone within a few days. Well, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I'm the same with the "Deluxe Mixed Nuts". :o( I love nuts... and sometimes convince myself it's okay for me to buy them because they are considered a "healthy fat". Sadly, they are no longer healthy once I've consumed a tub full.

    When do you fit in gym/workout time? ... What's the amount of time you allot for it? I find it tough to fit in... Any tips for me would be great! THNX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words <3

    Em -- I try and go to the gym every day after work when I don't have class. On the weekends I go early in the morning otherwise it's easy for me to miss/skip it. Sometimes if I'm too lazy or busy I'll do 15mins of jumping jacks/lunges/dancing/whatever in my living room.

    ReplyDelete