Monday, March 5, 2012

the struggle never ends

Just when you think everything is going well, you hit a wall. I didn't have the best weekend. It was filled with stress and school work, little sleep and bad eating. I woke up this morning feeling discouraged as I looked in the mirror and studied by body. I've lost muscle tone and I've gained flab. I can see it. There's no more denying it. I haven't been working hard enough to reach my goals and it shows. I've been having a pity party all morning, but the truth is I just need to get my shit together. If I want a thin and toned body I need to Work For It. It's not going to be handed to me, and I just can't allow myself to take shortcuts because then I'll never reach my goal.

I think once this week is over and midterms are over I'll be able to think more clearly about what I need to do to get there. I really think I need to start running more regularly. I'll go to the gym and do the elliptical or 10-15 mins of sprinting/walking on the treadmill but I don't think that cuts it. Or maybe it's the weekend overeating that's really holding me back. I told myself I was going to keep things rolling since I was doing so well last week, but with stress + school + work I just couldn't handle it all and found myself eating my feelings this weekend. I didn't go super overboard, but I did sneak in pretzels, Easter candy (why is that even out right now?!), and a cookie or two. I feel ashamed and upset because I feel like I'm letting you (and myself) down.

I think I really need to just take a deep breath, relax, and keep on trucking along.

2 comments:

  1. I know so well what you feel.. It feels like I keep taking one step forward and two step back.

    I really feel like - I am not being honest with my self. My eating habits - my exercise ect. And sometimes in the blogger jungle - where "everyone" seem to be moving ahead - I feel even more lost. and then there is the ashamed feeling you are talking about that is soo always just there..

    anywho :)

    You will be fine cause you are amazingly strong.. And you will figure this out. Dw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you. I feel like I'm letting everyone down and clearly not working hard enough to reach my goals. We just have to keep telling ourselves we can do this and keep going.

    ReplyDelete