Tuesday, June 14, 2011

good start

I have so many thoughts constantly running through my head. So much I want to get out. Let’s see if I can do that without writing a whole book.


Yesterday was a good day. I kept my calories between 800-900 and ate all healthy foods: low-fat yogurt, salad, protein shake, grilled chicken with steamed corn and garbanzo beans, grapes, hummus with carrots, and low-fat laughing cow cheese. I made it to the gym after work and was so motivated and felt really productive. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, 25 minutes weights for arms/shoulders/chest/abs, 20 minutes running/jogging (5.0-8.0 mph) on the treadmill, then another 20 minutes on the elliptical. I want to burn as much flab and fat as possible, but without burning out. So I need to be careful about that and find a balance - so far so good though. When I was young I had 2 hour sports practices 5 days per week and games at least 1 day per week, so I know my body can handle working out for extending periods of time. The only thing different is that this time around I’m actively restricting calories and not eating a lot. So, yeah, need to be careful about that.


I started taking “metabolism supplements” that contain caffeine, capsaicin, cinnamon, green tea extract, and a few other things. Yesterday I got a bit of a headache, but I think my body is just adjusting. Hopefully these work because they weren’t cheap. I did lose 2.2lbs overnight so now I’m down to 121.8lbs. I’m hoping to break 120lbs by the end of the week then maintain that over the weekend. The weekends are always the hardest for me because of the lack of structure and all the social outings and events. But it’s only Tuesday, so one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment