Thursday, June 16, 2011

slow progress

Slowly but surly the scale is going down. The good news is that my weight is going down and I’m getting closer and closer to my GW, but the bad news is that my progress is so slow that I’m worried if I can actually make it to my GW because I know I can’t maintain this exercise/meal plan regime for too long. I was hoping to hit the gym hardcore for two weeks or so and then taper off a bit. But if I’m hitting a plateau even with 2 hour gym sessions and <900 calories per day then I don’t know what I’m going to do. Granted, it’s only been five days. But with this kind of intensity I was hoping to shed this flab quickly. For now, I’m just going to try and stay positive and optimistic and stay on course. I woke up and weighed myself (pre-BM) and was 120.8lbs. Today is really, really important because I want/need to break 120 by the end of the week (Friday/Saturday). Then I will maintain that weight until Monday.

Weekends are tough for me. During the work week, I’m distracted and busy with work to do so I have no problem restricting without thinking. But over the weekends there’s a complete lack of structure, which it makes it difficult for me to stay on track. I try to give my mind/myself a “break” by not pre-planning every single calorie, but I think I will have to change that because obviously it does not work for me. Why bother putting all that work and effort in during the week if I’m just going to ruin it over the weekend with overconsumption of food and alcohol. So, this is what I’m thinking: on Saturday I will do a fast-5 and on Sunday I will pre-plan all of my calories. Both days I will hit the gym for 1-2 hours and I will get outside and walk/do errands.


No comments:

Post a Comment