Monday, October 10, 2011

ready for it

I guess I needed a longer break than I thought I did. I just couldn't get back to being 100% committed no matter had hard I tried. The scale was being too nice and I was able to get away with eating foods I would NEVER have eaten this time last year. It's a total mindfuck. I've been depriving myself for so long, so I almost feel like I was testing my body to see what I could get away with.

I'm over that now. In fact, I need a body detox. I've eaten so much junk in the past few weeks that it's just disgusting. I live alone too so it's gross when I see an empty cereal box and know that it was me and only me who had eaten every last bit of that cereal. I hate that feeling.

This weekend I took baby steps. I worked out every day. But I also ate bad foods. So tomorrow I will start a mini self-challenge. ZERO junk food for one week. I'll stick to veggies, fruits, lean proteins, soups... all whole foods basically for the week. Then I'll try and go another week, and another, until it becomes a habit again. I was once a health nut. I wouldn't eat any chips or candy or take out foods. But lately I have been and I'm not proud of it. The one good (but also bad) thing about it all is that my weight has been more or less stable these past few weeks. Why, I don't know? Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment