Sunday, November 27, 2011

false compliments

My post-Thanksgiving detox hasn't exactly gone according to plan these past two days. It's difficult to stick to a super stick diet when you are not in your own household and are around friends and family. I've been losing a bit, but my eating is no where near a "cleanse" type diet. I think I will officially start thing on Monday when I'm back to my own apartment and my own routine.

Tonight I went out to a bar with my best friend and her boyfriend. We danced the night away. I love dancing with her and her boyfriend is a pretty good dancer too. I *tried* to flirt with the bartender because I thought he was really cute. In case you don't know, I don't have the best luck with guys. I've never had a serious long-term boyfriend before and I'm always the 3rd or 5th wheel. UGH! Anyway, when I got a round of drinks for my friends I signed the receipt then at the bottom I wrote: "YOU ARE SO CUTE :)". Then 30-40mins later I went back to the bar and (after A TON of peer pressure) I gave him my number. AHHH! I wrote it on a receipt and put my full name and my cell number. Right before, he had given my friends and I a free round of drinks so I said "I just wanted to thank you for the drinks and give you my number. You should call me sometime." Smile, Smile. He then chatted me up for a few minutes and asked my name and where I lived, etc. He said he would definitely call so we could get together on his night off. I'm so guarded though that I don't even trust him/believe him. It was nice to flirt with him though. If he calls and we go out then great, but if not then fine. I'm so guarded that I always expect the worse anyway. FML.

As I was leaving, my bff said to me "goodnight, text me when you get home you are so skinny and amazing!" I was literally speechless when she said this. I don't know why she chose to say that I was "so skinny" when she could have just said "you're amazing". I really was at a loss for words. I just said "I will. I love you. You're fabulous!" I really wish she hadn't said I was "so skinny" because I'm very far from it. I have't been following my detox plan to a "T" and I've been eating a load of shit and not working out. So I am NOT skinny!!!!! Fuck that shit. Fuck false compliments. No eating tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment