Wednesday, November 30, 2011

quick update

I'm down -3.6lbs from Monday morning, which is what I was hoping for. I was hoping for a loss of 3-4lbs by today. I'm feeling leaner and my muscles are feeling "tighter." But, of course, I want more. This is only the beginning. Last year, I lost a lot in the beginning (water weight) and then after that the weight started to drop veeeeeeeery slowly. So I just need to be aware of that and be patient. Today is a school day. I've decided to do a protein shake for breakfast, salad for lunch, protein shake before class, and then chicken with broccoli and another protein shake after class. It's really tough on school days because I'm out from 8am-9/10pm. I'm probably going to be sick of protein shakes after today but what can you do. I need to keep my protein intake up. I've learned from personal experience that starving/eating super low cals just doesn't work for me. It ends up backfiring if I don't eat enough and then I overeat the first chance I get. So, must stay on track and stick to the plan.

This sounds bad, but I feel stronger and more empowered these days because I'm able to resist all these holiday treats and I'm losing while most people around me are stuffing their faces with leftover thanksgiving foods and holiday cookies and cakes and treats and are gaining wait. Self-discipline feels so good.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! So jealous of your willpower! I unfortunately am one of those people stuffing my face. :o( Hopefully not anymore though!

    What kind of protein shakes do you drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so glad that you feel wonderful right now. Let it last :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plan sounds good. Much better to keep yourself nourished. That way, even if you're losing weight slower, you're losing real weight and you'll be able to keep it off. <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support girls. It means a lot and really does help me stay on track :)

    EM - I use either EAS or 100% Gold Standard protein powder (chocolate flavor). There's a 120 calories per serving but 23grams of protein, which I like

    ReplyDelete