Thursday, November 24, 2011

post-thanksgiving detox

I'm really thankful for all that I have - my family, my friends, my health - but I'm not a big fan of Thanksgiving Day. I enjoy the family reunions and the warm, fuzzy feeling of this time of the year, but hearing everyone talk about the anticipation of that big Thanksgiving dinner and then WATCHING everyone stuff themselves until they can't move is the absolute worst. It is SUCH a turn off for me and for some reason it makes me angry. Why do people insist on gorging themselves every Thanksgiving? Gross. I had Thanksgiving dinner with my family and took a tiny bit of this and that so I ended up eating a regular size meal. I'm happy that it's over because it clearly causes way too much anxiety for me.

My plan is to do a mini challenge/detox! I'm excited because I'm in a good place and in the right mindset to do this. I did a 12-day cleanse/detox like this last year on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I lost 8lbs in 12 days. I ate all protein and veggies. It was really boring but really effective. I also did weights and moderate cardio, which I plan to do this week. I'm deciding if I should just start this tomorrow or begin on Saturday. I need to do weights on Days 1,2,5,9,12 so if I start tomorrow I can get my Day 5 workout in on Tuesday before my classes on Wednesday and Thursday. I just don't have the proper foods in my apartment, but I think I can manage for a day and then go grocery shopping on Saturday.

I went on a date Tuesday night with a boy I met on Halloween weekend. We've been talking on the phone and texting and I was finally able to go out with him this week because I didn't have any classes! The date was fun. We went out to dinner. He's cute and tall and way more talkative than I remember him being. I'm not sure how attracted I am to him. This is really funny buuuttt also kind of awkward. So, we met at a Halloween party and there were lots of people and loud music and dancing and yada yada and I remember thinking that I was talking too much/talking his ear off. But I remember him being tall and cute and smile-y. So I finally see him again on Tuesday and the first thing I notice is that he has a lisp??! I'm still so confused because (1) I do NOT remember him having a lisp when I met him Halloween weekend (although I was drunk) and (2) I do NOT remember hearing this lisp the 4-5 times I talked to him on the phone (and I was sober)! It was so weird. I wanted to ask if he just got a Novocaine shot from the dentist haha. That obviously wouldn't have been very nice though. As the night went on the lisp did go away. I don't know. He texted me today to wish my a happy Thanksgiving, which was nice. And if he asks me out again I will probably say yes. He's nice and I have a lot of fun with him. And who really knows what was going on with that lisp thing. I think this is why I'm single.. I am mean and so hard to please. UGH.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment