Sunday, January 8, 2012

just do it

Today was a really good day. I'm completley in the zone and I'm using every day as an opportunity to get closer to my goal. I want to do this and I will do this. Eating clean and healthy foods makes me feel so much more better and energized. I'm done with the junk food and the unhealhty restaurant meals.

I spent most of the morning window shopping and making returns. I got up early, took a shower, put on a cute outfit and was on my way. Shopping is so theraupetic somtimes. Just walking around the store, picking out new clothes, and trying them on. I don't know why but I like the feeling I get from this activity. It's calming, especially early in the morning when no one is around. I walked around the city for about three and half hours. Then I came home, had a small snack, and hit the gym. I bought new socks, sports bras, and running pants/leggings the other day, which has been an awesome motivator to hit the gym. I kicked my butt while I was there and did: 20 minutes sprinting/jogging, 60 minutes elliptical, and 10 minutes abs. I felt awesome afterwards and was on a compltele post-workout high. Then I came home, cleaned, and made dinner.

I've been trying to eat healthy and clean foods only. For breakfast I made scrambed egg whites with low fat cheese, tomatoes, bell peppers, and green scallions with two links of turkey sausage. I didn't eat lunch because I was out and about shopping but for my mid afternoon snack I ate two swiss cheasse/turkey roll-ups with mustard. Then dinner was grilled chicken, steamed brocolli, and garbanzo beans. So far, so good! I'll probably have some raw almonds between now and bed. I'm trying to keep my calories around 900-1000 for now since I plan to do lots of cardio. This is what worked for me before so I'm hoping it will work for me again!

2 comments: