Tuesday, January 10, 2012

patience is a virtue

So far, things have been going really well. I've been able to devote my full attention to my goal now that the holidays over and my night classes are still on break. I went to the gym again after work yesterday and sprinted my butt off. Sometimes I get self conscious when I go hard on the treadmill, but yesterday I really didn't care. I just kept reminding myself that this is what I did 4 years ago and it WORKED so i'm going to do it again. After about 20 minutes I switched to the a hybrid elliptical trainer. It's like a stair climber and elliptical combined into one so it's much more difficult than a regular elliptical. I only managed to do 45 minutes and my legs were absolute jello by the end. It was a good gym day to say the least.

Food wise was fine. I stuck to my low-cal, healthy, clean foods. No sugar, no junk, no white foods (breads, rice, cereal, etc). Mostly high-protein, low-fat, low-carb things. I forgot how much my appetite increases when I push myself with the exercise. After dinner I was still really hungry so I ate a string cheese, 4 cherry tomatoes, and a few slices of celery with some hot tea. It did the trick and I was able to stay under 1000 calories.

I have to remember that patience is a virtue. I have a tendency to become very impatient when it comes to this, wanting instant results and instant gratification. And when I don't get that I sometimes get upset and depressed and what to give in, but I Can't and I Won't. One day at a time, one pound at a time.The scale is slowly going down so I just need to celebrate the small wins and focus on my goal. Today I'm going out with a friend after work. I was contemplating going to the gym before I meet her but then I wouldn't have time to shower and get ready and I don't want to do out with sweaty, dirty hair (ugh, girl problems). So I'm going to go home, clean, and do some abs and possible push-ups - things that won't get me too sweaty. I hope.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your doing really well :)
    And your eating good, wholesome foods not just low cal shit. It's nice to hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing soo great.. keep going

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful workout, be proud for sure! heavy cardio and good foods way to go, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel self conscious sprinting on the treadmill too! I try and go to the women's only gym the days I'm doing interval training.

    Patience is something I really suck at and need to work on.

    ReplyDelete