Thursday, January 12, 2012

only thursday

Gah this week has been long! I haven't had a full work week in several weeks and I keep thinking that today is Friday. Only one more day until the long three-day weekend. I am getting a bit nervous about the weekend because weekends are when I tend to lose focus and veer off track. I eat and drink too much and workout too little. My workdays provide structure that allows me to build a routine that revolves around work, gym, healthy dinners, sleep. Free time to do whatever I want on the weekends is oh so lovely, but also very dangerous. I've already been invited to a few football-watching parties, which I am nervous about because those usually equal booze, snacks, and comfort foods. Today I'm going to confirm all my plans, schedule out my workouts, and plan out as many meals as I can. Must Stay Focused. Must Stay Strong.

I'm down about 2lbs since Saturday! Things have been going really well on the workout front. I've gone to the gym every day this week except for Tuesday because I after-work plans with a friend. I've been focusing on cardio, sprinting my little heart out on the treadmill and then doing an hour or so on one of the various elliptical type machines. I forgot how HUNGRY and TIRED these workouts make me!! After the gym yesterday I felt like I could eat a house! I was so, so, so hungry. I cooked a healthy stir-fry with chicken and tons and tons of broccoli, peppers, and onions but minutes later I was starving again. It was horrible. I snacked on string cheese and low-cal popcorn, which I'm not too happy about. I thought I would gain when I weighed myself this morning but, lo and behold, the scale dipped lower. I know it's the HIIT. Those workouts are ridiculous at burning fat and revving up your metabolism not only during the workout but also for hours and hours afterwards. It's no excuse to pig out though because then that just defeats the purpose. I was so tired last night and couldn't keep my eyes open past 10pm, which meant I was able to get in 8 hours of sleep! It felt awesome and I think I may try to make that a routine. At least for now while I'm still on break because I know I won't be sleeping much once classes start up again.

It sounds like most of you ladies are doing well and sticking to your New Years resolutions! I'm constantly inspired and motivated by you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment