Wednesday, January 4, 2012

lost

I’ve been trying to find my footing since January 1st but I can’t seem to get myself organized. The weather has turned mild to frigid overnight and I just feel frozen in place. I should be checking things off on my to-do list and making long overdue plans with friends, but I just can’t seem to get myself moving. I feel like I need a break from Christmas break. I’m tired and feel like I might be getting sick. I wish I could just stay home, curl up on, and veg out.

My NYE weekend was OK. I had a lot of expectations and I don’t think they were met. I wanted to look hot in a cute little dress and dance up a storm with some boys, which didn’t really happen. I ended up buying a whole new outfit for the night because I felt way to fat to wear the one I had planned to (even despite dieting hard the whole week before). I was so focused on working out and eating nothing the few weeks before NYE that I’m now just burnt out. I still want to get thin, diet, and hit the gym hard but I can’t muster up the energy just yet. I think I need a few days off to recoup and organize myself. I’ve been researching (read: google-ing) celebrity workout plans. I need to switch it up in the gym. I love Jessica Alba to death and want her body. Even after two kids she still looks awesome. I googled her workout plan and found a ton of info about her trainer and what she does, but for some reason I don’t buy it. The workout is 1 hour long broken up into 10 minute cardio bursts with arms/shoulders/chest/core workouts in between. I feel like she does way more cardio than that. I also googled Tracy Anderson’s method and that looks intriguing but I’m not sure I have the time to do that everyday (it takes about 2 hours or more). I just feel lost. I want to slim down and tighten up. I need to stop using the weight machines and free weights because my arms are getting too big. I think I just need to hit the cardio for a while and maybe do abs and pushups for arms.

What do you girls do for exercise? Whose bodies do you admire?

3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to make plans as well. Depending on who your with, it can be enjoyable and you can schedule it so you don't ave to eat dinner. That's what I do to get out of the 600+ calorie meals my friends parents make.

    I hope you get back the energy to continue exercising. I'm in the slump right now. It sucks.
    I'm sad to hear that you still didn't feel comfortable in your dress. I hope you will someday!

    I'd have to say that I admire Taylor Momsen's and LIGHTS' body but I think they're both naturally thin and don't do much exercise.

    I dance,run,swim,do crunches,fail at pushups, do situps and some inner thigh exercises when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh what's the inner thigh exercises???
    I do my davina McCall DVD and my 30 day shred :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do treadmill and elliptical.

    i admire anyone's body that is thin and boney! Yep, 'fraid so....

    ReplyDelete