Wednesday, January 18, 2012

so tired

I need, need, need to get in bed by 10pm. I'm exhausted. It's only 9am. And it's only Wednesday! I didn't get much sleep this weekend and, even though I had planned to, I didn't I catch up on it earlier in the week either. Yesterday I had way too much caffeine in my system and was tossing around for 2 hours or so before I finally fell asleep. So my goal is to get in bed by 10pm tonight, no later!

I want to thank you for the lovely comments. I'm feeling a bit better today, but yesterday I was still down. I have bouts of depression or maybe seasonal depression. Some days I'm just so out of it and all I want to do is hide away, be alone, and eat my feelings. But I was extremely aware of how I was feeling yesterday and I made the extra effort to try and improve my mood. Soo what did I do? Restricted hardcore and went to the gym for almost 2 hours, of course. I felt good afterwards and even better when I stepped on the scale this morning. I know a lower weight and fitter body will make me feel better so I really need to just focus on that goal. I feel like a broken record though. I make all these goals work hard for a week or so but I'm not consistent so I don't make significant progress. I don't know what to do to change this. I think I may seriously need to increase my cal intake and no be so hardcore about restricting because obviously that doesn't work for me and I end up overeating on the weekends.

My new goal is to eat whole foods only. NO JUNK food. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it. So no buying junk food whatsoever. This includes snackwells cookies, individual size lean cuisine pizzas, popchips, etc. I may even nix the diet coke. Yes, the diet coke! I didn't have any yesterday (because I ran out) and I have to admit it wasn't that bad just drinking water. So, I think I will limit the diet soda as well and stick to water, tea, and coffee only. If I focus on clean, healthy foods and increase my intake I think I'd be better off than restricting then binging on junk. I mean, it even sounds better just writing it out. Relying on willpower no longer works for me. So i'm going to give this plan a go. I'm curious...

How many calories do you eat a day?

2 comments:

  1. I have put my goal to 1200 cals a day... I do how ever end up under that often... And unfortunately I was over a couple days.. I do however focus to stay well under my weekly budget and I keep hearing how zigzagging calorie help the weight loss- so I guess the weekly count balances that out..

    The whole food thing is a great idea :) GL on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. So I'm anywhere between 200-1200 depending on my mood and usually end up somewhere in the middle. I try to eat a lot of steamed veggies and vegetable stir fry. Good for you cutting out the diet pop. I heard the aspratame or whatever it is makes you retain fat anyways. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete