Sunday, January 15, 2012

struggling

Thing haven't been that good lately. I've been really struggling this weekend. My weight hasn't fluctuated (which is good), but my mood has. A lot. One moment I'm up and the next I'm down. It's been bad. I've been obsessively reading old journals as well as other peoples' blogs and I've become really overwhelmed. I just feel stuck. I really, really, really, really want to be skinny and I want it NOW. I worked really hard this past week but don't have much to show for it. I know that I can't expect to lose 5lbs or 10lbs or whatever overnight, but it's hard to stay motivated when I'm not making any progress.

My intentions are good. I have the right mindset and my goals are all laid out. I eat right and workout hard, but when I don't see any progress I feel defeated and start to eat things that I shouldn't be eating liiiiike lean cuisine pizza or pretzel m&m's or bbq popchips. These aren't horrible foods, but they aren't the clean and healthy foods that I want to be eating right now. Why can't I control myself? Where has all my disciple gone? My willpower? Ugh, it's just so disheartening. I keep going in circles. I don't think this is the right plan for me. Restricting Monday-Thursday and then going off plan Friday-Sunday has been getting me nowhere. Granted, it's only been about a week since I've starting this. But, I've done this numerous times before and I'm still at the same weight that I was a year ago. I just want to be skinny. I want to have the body I had when I was 17. Is that so bad? I walked into Forever 21 yesterday and saw girls 5-10 years younger than me and I was so envious of their thin thighs and arms.

I don't know what my plan will be from here on out. I just don't know..

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad hon, everyone has the weekend issue. I think having a weekly calorie goal instead of daily makes it easier to deal with the weekends.
    And you know.. not to be a downer but why would you want to have a 16 yearold girls body? .. I think you need to have a good look at your self and see what we all saw when you posted pictures... your body looks amazing.. I bet many many many girls would kill for your skinny perfect legs..

    So stop feeling sad and cheer up :) keep doing the amazing job you have been doing :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone goes through phases like this babe. EVERYONE! Just try manage it, get through it and then the motivation will come back. Your mood probably was related to sugar levels or something weird like that. And you will be skinny. :) Xo

    ReplyDelete