Friday, January 20, 2012

friday!

TGIF! I couldn't be happier about the weekend being here. Monday was a holiday so I only worked four days this week, but it felt like the longest week ever. Even though I was able to get 8+ hours of sleep on Wednesday and Thursday I'm still feeling very tired. I don't know what it is. The weather? The cold? The lack of food (and energy)? It's all of the above, I'm sure.

This week was good for the most part. I had two back to back days of hardcore restricting and hardcore gym sessions, which I felt really good about. Yesterday was tough. I was tired all day at work but managed to talk myself into going to the gym afterwards. That's usually the hardest part for me - just getting to the gym. But yesterday was different. Once I got there I could barely do anything. My body was just drained. I did the "easy elliptical" but could only last 30 minutes. It was bad. So I did some weights for arms/chest/back/shoulders. All in all it was about a 45-minute gym day, which isn't too bad. When I got home I was absolutely starving. I stuck to my low cal dinner and snacks but then ended up eating an additional low-cal boca burger and some almonds because my body was just so freaking hungry and tired. As expected, the scale was up this morning but only by 0.4lbs so I'm not stressing. Also, when I got home from work I stepped on the scale again and it was down again so I felt better about that.

This weekend I WILL stick to my plan. If I can do that then I'll be good to go from here forward. The weekends are the hardest for me as I've said many, many times before so I'm going to test myself this weekend. And I'm very competitive so I'm hoping for the best. My plan is to feed my body with only healthy (but yummy!) foods like yogurt, mixed salad, fruit, hummus, etc. I may increase my intake to 1200 for my sanity. Although, healthy foods are usually super low in calories so we'll see if I do that. We're getting snow this weekend but I can walk to the gym so that shouldn't be an issue.

I've been really, really, really, bloated lately. My lower abdominal area feels and looks like it's always sticking out. I have no idea what causes this. I did a google search and it looks like it could be anything from a food allergy causing it to just really poor posture over the years. Before I started working in 2007 I didn't have this problem. But before 2007 I always didn't have problems with food and body image so who even knows...

3 comments:

  1. Good job for not letting that tiny gain get you down. It could just be from some water you had.
    I hope your bloat goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days when you have no energy at the gym suck, I've been there! Sometimes a rest day and more food helps. I'm not sure about the bloat thing, since it's something new/recent maybe it's close to that time or maybe due to sodium??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need to listen to your body and have a rest day.

    I ttly know what you mean about being bloated :S I have no fucking idea why it has been like that. I am considering to try to go gluten/ dairy free to see if it helps.. Dunno really :S

    hope you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete