Friday, January 6, 2012

my goal

I've set a personal challenge for myself: to get my 2008 body back. This was when I was in the best shape of my life. I had a tight, toned, and firm body that I fueled with only healthy and clean foods. I didn't focus on counting calories (obsessively, anyway) and was more concerned with what kind of foods I was putting into my mouth. I was also running like a mad woman, doing lots of cardio on the treadmill and some on the elliptical and bike. I was motivated, driven, and committed to achieving and maintaining a certain look. I had abs of steel. My goal is to get those back.

I will take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. But my main focus will be on the mirror and not on the scale. Actually, it will be on pictures because I don't even trust the mirror. I will take progress pictures every few days so I can easily compare and track my progress. This is what I did 4 years ago and it worked wonders. I may or may not share my pictures on here. I'm very self conscious and the pictures are really just for myself to track my progress. I will, however, report my progress in here.

For now I'm going to focus on the next 14 days. I'm going eliminate all junk food with empty calories and high caloric fatty foods from my diet. I'm going to increase my water intake and limit my diet soda consumption. I'm going to eat a balance of protein, veggies, and healthy fats. I'm going to focus on cardio at the gym. At least five days a week but six will be better, especially since I'm still on break from classes.

I'm going to do this. The only thing that can stop me is myself, and I refuse to let that happen.


(I'm not the biggest AS fan, but this is pretty inspiring! I particularly like #3 & #5!)

1 comment:

  1. That is a great plan.. I think we can go crazy about the numbers and forget about WHAT we are putting in our body.. One day - one pound at the time is probably the best way to go for everyone.

    GL with everything :) I am sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete