Thursday, December 29, 2011

still losing

Morning weight: 118.6

I lost 1.2 lbs overnight?! I was so shocked when I saw this number because I thought I didn't have the best day yesterday. But the body works in mysterious ways so maybe the loss had something to do with me de-stressing a bit. I spent most of the my afternoon/night with my family, including the ones who are visiting out of town and are leaving tomorrow. We ended up having a nice home cooked meal at my parents' house. I was really nervous to eat there because I wasn't sure I would be able to control myself and I had no idea what was going to be served. My mom cooked baked haddock and rice pilaf with some other side dishes. I stuck with the fish and had the smallest serving of rice, which was good because when I later looked up the calorie amount of rice pilaf I found out that 1/3 of a cup is anywhere from 150-270 calories. Wow. I had some thin almond cookies with tea after dinner then called it a night. Even though I swapped out some of my usual foods so I could eat dinner with my family I still went over my 500-700 budget. I guess taking a bit of a diet "break" and getting 8 solid hours of sleep helped me go down on the scale.

I want to say THANK YOU to you girls for your comments yesterday. I read them before I went to bed last night and that absolutely made my day!! You girls are the sweetest and I really do trust your opinions so hearing those words has made me a whole lot less anxious about the whole thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you again for your supportive and encouraging words!

Reading your comments and seeing a 1.2 loss on the scale has made me super motivated for today. It's my last full day to Do Work before I head off for my NYE weekend. I have a lot of errands to get done but my afternoon/night is wide open so I should be able to do that AND hit the gym for a couple of hours. Lots of cardio and some weights.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great and I'm glad your feeling great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay motivated and happy New Year! ♥

    ReplyDelete