Tuesday, December 20, 2011

countdown to NYE

I was going to make a post yesterday about how things were going relatively well considering it's the holiday season, but forget that. I am now FREAKING OUT because I just found out that NYE weekend with my friends is ON which means I have to buy a NYE dress pronto and I have to get skinny/thin/toned PRONTO. I just did some dress shopping at the mall and I look SO GROSS. I went to BEBE thinking I could fit into one of their itty-bitty party dresses.. who was I kidding?? I am bloated and fat. I don't know why I did this to myself, but really I haven't been working as hard as I should have been so now I'm paying for it.

I have 10 days to lose as much as I can while dealing with all the holiday parties and dinners that I have scheduled for this week. Tomorrow we're getting free lunch at work, then Thursday we have an office potluck party, then this weekend it is Christmas Eve & Christmas Day brunches, lunches, and dinners. I really, really need to get focused and stay on track because I REFUSE to look gross, flabby, and fat for NYE. Lord knows there's going to be massive picture taking and Facebook tagging so I will NEED to look good. There are no excuses. I just need to stop freaking out and make a plan and get going on it. Between now and next Friday I have 6 Gym Days. I'll have to hit the weights hard to tone up and sprint my little butt off (actually... big butt) on the treadmill. School is over so it really shouldn't be a problem getting to the gym now. Tomorrow I'm going to start taking some supplements too and will be eating ONLY: protein shakes, grilled chicken, tuna, egg whites, and veggies. I can get out of the work lunch tomorrow but the potluck is going to suck on Thursday. I'll just have to get a little bit of a few things and discretely get rid of it. I think this weekend's holiday family events are going to be the toughest though since we all eat together at one table. But whatever I'll just have to be strong and pick only low calorie, healthy foods. I can't focus on the negative right now. There's really no time for that. The goal is to focus all of that energy into getting Thin and Toned for NYE. I'll think I'll do daily posts to keep me accountable.

1 comment:

  1. I love the holidays except for all the food and treats they bring. I'm going to try to lose as much as I can before my winter break is over.

    I hope you find a lovely dress that makes you feel just as lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete