Thursday, December 15, 2011

productive

I’ve been really good at following my plan this week. I’ve worked out 3 days in a row and will workout again today and tomorrow. I forgot how good running feels. I feel so alive in those moments when my blood is pumping and my lungs and heart are working hard with each step I take. It’s no joke when people say that exercising is addicting. Food wise I’ve been sticking to really clean and low calorie foods. I’ve been feeling lightheaded every now and that but I think that’s because I’m not getting enough water in so I need to do better with that. The scale has been going down each day and I feel lighter, less bloated, less jiggley, and more toned. It hasn’t been easy. I’ve been tempted to eat things that I know I shouldn’t. There’s a holiday basket at work filled with chocolates, cookies, cheeses, etc. and people have been picking at it each day. There’s also a woman in the office who is selling Girl Scout cookies on behalf of her daughter. Just seeing and hearing people eat those foods makes me crave them so badly. I almost gave in yesterday but was able to stay strong my holding my arm and imagining how GOOD I will feel once I’m toned and thin. It sounds silly and random but it worked for me.

I’ve been really productive this week too. I’ve done all my laundry, cleaned my whole apartment, and insulated my windows for the winter and it’s only Thursday morning. I’ve also been cramming for my last final exam, which I’ll take tomorrow. I’ll think I’ll be fine but the closer it gets the more stressed I get about the about of material I still need to cover. The stress makes me want to eat but distract myself I’ve been busting out in little solo dance parties while studying and drinking lots and lots of tea and chewing sugar-free gum. After my exam I plan to replace that tea with some booze because I definitely need it.

1 comment:

  1. I always forget how amazing running is. I'm glad to hear that you're staying with the low cal foods. Willpower is the way!

    Why don't you make a date with some of your friends to go drinking after your exam? ;)

    ReplyDelete