Thursday, December 22, 2011

thursday

Morning weight: 120.4 (-1.4)



Yesterday was a good day. I stayed on track and was very strict with my eating. I basically ate what I posted yesterday and ended the day with a zero-cal soothing tea. The free lunch at work was tough but really not as hard as I thought it would be. I was mentally prepared so I just got a tiny bit of salad and that was it. Of course someone had to make a comment but I really don’t care. I’d rather have someone say something like “Oh that’s all you’re eating?!” than to eat foods that I don’t want to just to please someone. At the gym I also did everything I posted yesterday except I did 40mins on the elliptical instead of 30mins. Eating clean and working out feels so good. And waking up with the feeling of eagerness (to step of the scale, of course) rather than guilt is a nice change.

Today is our office potluck. There are cookies, cakes, pastries, cheeses, crackers, and real food like chili, meatballs, pulled pork, and salads. My plan is to stick with the salad and put cheese and a cookie on my plate to make it look like I’m eating more than I really am. I actually brought in gourmet cookies (240 calories each!). I left one at home – this way I can avoid them at the party because I *know* I have one at home waiting for me. But clearly, the plan is to not eat that cookie. It’s just to trick myself into thinking that I’m not actually depriving myself of the holiday treats. ANYWAY, things are going well and I’m motivated to do this. I have just over a week to look good for NYE. I’m going to go dress shopping on Monday (any recommendations for stores??). If I’m really strict today there’s a good chance I will break 120 tomorrow morning. THAT is what I’ll be thinking about during the potluck.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so challenging, but you can do it! I'm looking forward to hearing about how amazingly you resisted all of that food. You've just motivated me so much. Stay strong darling. <3

    ReplyDelete