Tuesday, December 27, 2011

busy busy

Christmas weekend was fun and relaxing. I spent time with family members that I only seen a few times a year so it was really nice. There was a lot of food around and I just did my best not to pig out. I allowed myself to eat whatever I felt like eating in the moment and that included mac & cheese, lasagna, cookies, cake, and chocolates among other things. I got home late last night and was so pooped I went straight to bed and forgot to weigh myself. This morning when I woke up the scale told me I had gained 1.4 lbs over the long holiday weekend. I was expecting more so I’m definitely OK with this. I was actually surprised when I saw the number but I think my hard work from last week helped with that. I also think the eating over the weekend gave my metabolism a bit of a boost, which is just what I’ll need to get through the next few days. I’m heading out of town again on Friday to spend NYE with my girlfriends. I have SO MUCH to do before I leave so I need to start making a to-do list. Things I need to balance: work, spending time with visiting family, hitting the gym, shopping for last minute items for my trip. I only have 3 and half days so I really need to prioritize. AH!

I found a dress for NYE. It’s black & gold and really cute but also REALLY TIGHT, which means my stomach needs to be absolutely flat if I want to feel comfortable. I’m really nervous about the fit of the dress. I have a backup plain black dress but I really want to wear the black & gold one. I seriously contemplating buy some SPANX (does anyone own a pair??) but I also plan to push myself hard on the diet and exercise the next couple of days. Cardio, cardio, cardio and some weights.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on not gaining too much! I'm sure if you work hard over the next few days you'll look gorgeous in that dress. Be strong, lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Ell. I know I could have done better if I was super strict this weekend but I didn't want to worry about not being able to enjoy the holidays with my family. I plan to burn off all those cookies AND the more these next few days (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you will rock that dress :) have loads of fun :)

    ReplyDelete