Wednesday, July 20, 2011

comments & average size

I’ve been having an issue leaving comments on other people’s blogs. I usually send them from my iphone so I’m not sure if that’s the problem, but often times the comment won’t appear even after it says “your comment has been published yada yada”. Anyone know what’s going on with that?

On another note, I haven’t posted in a while because there’s nothing really new going on. After I hit 119.8lb last week I let up a bit on the diet front. I added back some carbs into the mix to help keep my sanity. It’s a pretty miserable life without some carbs! My big thing has been 100-calorie popcorn. It seems to last a long time and is pretty filling without too many calories. My weight has gone up a bit but only about a pound so I’m around 120.8lbs. I think I might cycle carbs and eat them every other day. I’m not sure yet. If my weight continues to go up then I’ll just eliminate them for a while again, but I’m going to try to reach my GW with eating some carbs.

I went to the beach on Sunday! It was the first time I’ve gone all summer. I didn’t go at all last year because I didn’t want to be seen in public in a bathing suit. But I was feeling good and lean this weekend so I braved the bikini and went with my best friend. It was a blast and I got a really good tan. I did a lot of people watching too and it was crazy to see how many people are overweight, girls my age and younger (I’m 26). They have belly rolls, beer guts, back fat, jiggly thighs and arms… some were “skinny fat” but most were downright overweight. I don’t know, my perception of body image is totally fucked up so I could be in the wrong. I read articles that say the average size of an American woman is like a size 12 or 14. But is that healthy? I think maybe it should be ore of a 6 or even a 4? I don’t know, is that wrong? I’m not skinny at all but I seem to fit in 0’s and 2’s at the stores I shop at, but I because I’m “petite”. What do people think about the average size of an American woman? 

4 comments:

  1. Your comments on my blog come through as spam and I have to mark them as not-spam to get them to show up. Thankfully I get an email when I get comments so I know that they are there and can change them.

    Congrats for feeling comfy in a bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was on our honeymoon last year i too did some people watching at the beach. a lot of people are fat plain and simple. some had ok bodies but there were very few that were downright slim and fit looking. i tried not to be too critical with the eye but realistically, i think most people are fat. even at the gym i see big ones. my big sis moved to the south a couple years ago and she noticed people there are bigger. she comes back to the west coast and people seem skinnier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeking Something Else - thank you for the heads up. I'm not sure why my comments are going into spam :( I'll try to poke around and see if I can fix it.

    Fed up - it's definitely an epidemic. I just think people eat too much and move to little these days, even/especially kids. It bothers me that some people try to blame obesity on genetics too. I don't know if that makes me a bad person, but I find it hard to respect people that complain about being fat but then not do anything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks to the info from my father added insight thank you so much, may be useful for us all
    please aprove mister.
    sewa bus semarang
    sewa bus semarang
    paket wisata karimunjawa
    sewa mobil semarang

    ReplyDelete