Wednesday, July 6, 2011

good & bad

The good news is that I’m slowly making progress, but the bad news is that I’m slowly making progress. I did my fast 5 yesterday and it went really well. I wasn’t hungry at all, which was probably due to the fact that I ate so much junk over the long weekend. Gross. I was back at work which also helped a lot. When I have structure/my work routine I’m able to stick to a plan better. I drank coffee, water, and one can of no-calorie seltzer water. Then I did some shopping after work. When I got home I ate grilled chicken with grilled peppers and onions, some grapes, and carrots with hummus. After that things went downhill. It would have been a great day food-wise if I had stopped there, but I had plans to go to a baseball game with my friend. I didn’t eat any food (which was good! She hate an individual pizza) but I did drink two light beers (not so good). By the time I got home I was starving, so I ate low-fat string cheese, a sugar-free fudgesicle, more carrots and hummus, and more grapes. It was all healthy foods, but it was too much food. I think I tapped out at 900 calories (including the beers), which is a lot for a fast 5 day. UGH.

So on to the scale: when I got home after shopping yesterday I was down -1.8lbs. I was really surprised to see, but I hadn’t eaten all day so I guess it made sense. I weighed myself again this morning and was down only -0.6lbs from yesterday’s morning weight. This was after I ate dinner last night and all those snacks and the beer. So, making progress… but it is slow progress.

My plan today is to eat a light salad for lunch then a healthy dinner (maybe grilled chicken again). I’ll have a snack or two in between, but I’m aiming for 700-800 calories. I’m going to the gym too and plan to spend 2 hours doing cardio and weights.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a beer lover too! At least you made the choice beer or food. That is half the battle sometimes. I'm excited to be your first follower and thanks so much for reading my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fed Up - Thank you for becoming a follower!! I love, love, love your blog and the way you write.

    ReplyDelete