Tuesday, July 12, 2011

high protein & abs

I’ve been making progress, but it’s been going at a snail’s pace. This morning I was 121.8lbs. I was hoping to be lower because I’ve been restricting carbs and fats the past two days and I’ve been sticking to mostly protein foods. I’m on my high-protein plan and will be doing it for the next 10 days or so. It’s really freakin’ hard, but the results are great. Last time I did this I lost 8lbs of weight (not all fat, although fat was lost). Yesterday I ate: egg whites with ff cheese (90), tuna on lettuce (50), grilled chicken (140) with steamed broccoli (30), and a protein shake (240). I also went to the gym and did some resistance training and 30 minutes on the elliptical to keep my metabolism up. Today I’ll be eating more of the same and will probably do some more cardio after work.

I’ve been really stressed about how I look in a bikini. I haven’t gone to the beach yet this summer because I don’t want to be seen in a bathing suit, but I’m determined to make it out there at least once before this summer is over. Last year I didn’t go to the beach at all because of my weight/body and I was really sad about that. I think I look ok in my arms and maybe legs, but it’s my stomach that’s the big problem. I have a stupid little pooch thing that I absolute hate. I swear, I used to have great abs (without even trying.. probably due to sports) and then I started working full-time and sitting on my butt for 8+ hours a day. Now my abs are shit and I have fat covering them. I think I have that pelvic tilt thing going on. I don’t know. I need to do some google-ing on that. UGH. I’m such a Debbie Downer lately. 

2 comments:

  1. Your diet sounds great. I am a total carb junkie so I know it would be really hard for me to do something like that. Keep working as you are and you will be feeling better in a bikini in no time. Don't miss out this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Fed Up!

    ReplyDelete