Thursday, July 7, 2011

progress & library books

I’m back to my pre-holiday weekend weight, down -1lb from yesterday morning. Yesterday was pretty good, I stuck to healthy foods and kept it around 800-900 calories. I also went to the gym and did weights, HIIT on the treadmill, and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I wanted to do 60 minutes on the elliptical, but my body was so tired and I was running on very little. I stated taking “metabolism supplements” that have 200mg of caffeine per serving and I made the mistake on Tuesday of taking the second serving at 3pm. You’d think that it wouldn’t really effect my sleeping that night, but it did! I didn’t fall asleep until 1am!! And I got up at 6am, which means I only got 4 hours of sleep… and I’m the type of person that needs 8 hours of sleep per night to function. So needless to say, yesterday was a struggle to get through.

After the gym I walked to the library and returned/picked up some books. I returned Portia De Rossi’ Unbearable Lightness (really good), Sarah Littman’s Purge (eh), and Erica River’s Insatiable (ok, but couldn’t finish it). Then I checked out a Suzanne Somers diet book and Carrie Arnold’s Next to Nothing: A Firsthand Account of One Teenager’s Experience with An Eating Disorder. When I went to the front desk to check out the books the guy (who had just checked-in my returned books) gave me a really weird look like he was judging me for reading these books. I hate that and I hope I never see him again. Next time I just going to return my books after hours so I can drop them into the slot bin thing.

Today’s plan is the same as yesterday: low calories, healthy food, and gym time. I’m doing all cardio today. I also need to clean my apartment and do laundry. My apartment is absolutely disgusting right now and needs a really good scrub down. Ew. At least it will burn some extra calories.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get to the library and find some good ED books myself. I'll have to try to find those...maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete