Thursday, September 22, 2011

hips & hair

I’ve lost -2lbs over the past two days. I’m feeling leaning than ever, although I can still spot problem areas that need work. My stomach, for one, still has some “pudge” that needs to go away. I’ve been really lazy and inconsistent with my ab workouts so I really need to get on that. Cardio (running, especially) usually helps me with a flatter stomach, so I need to do more running instead of elliptical work. I also have tree trunks for thighs. That’s mostly genetic (I think) and due to years and years of sports (muscle!). I don’t do direct leg workouts when I’m at the gym. In the past, I found sprint workouts followed by elliptical workouts to be effective in making my thighs a bit smaller. Speaking of legs, now that fall is approaching and it’s starting to get cooler outside I have to breakout my office/work dress pants soon. I hate wearing pants to work!! My hips are much wider my waist and my thighs are just muscular so I look big and thick in pants. They’re usually really tight around my hips and thighs too, which makes me just look gross. I need to go shopping for new ones and get them properly hemmed. Also, I usually get wear flats to work, but those make me look even shorter/wider so I want to try to incorporate some heel – maybe wedge or boot. I’ve been wearing dresses and skirts all summer. I’m much more comfortable wearing these because I think my body shape just looks better in them. Although – this is funny/sad – when I wear skirts at the beginning of the week they fit fine but towards the end of the week (like today!) I am swimming in some of my skirts and they start to twist and turn all around and the waist rides up so I am constantly readjusting/straitening it out. I have a few fall dresses and skirts that I can wear with tights, but not enough.

I’ve been having issues with my hair. This is really disturbing because I’ve never had hair problems. My hair is long and thick, so much so that when I get my haircut I have to ask my hairdresser to “thin it out” with layers and a razor. But lately, I’ve been noticing that parts of my head are “going bald,” specifically, where my side bangs part. It’s awful and I’m almost certain it’s due to my diet. I’m not getting in enough calories and I’ve been really inconsistent with taking my vitamins. I used to take them first thing in the morning, but now I don’t eat breakfast and I don’t like taking vitamins on an empty stomach so I just forget. I need to do a better job with that. Does anyone have issues with their hair? Have you found anything that works to improve it?

2 comments:

  1. My trainer told me that the best way to get slim and not muscular at the gym for legs is low resistance cardio, so gentle running. So it makes you sweat but doesn't make your muscles work hard. That way you don't bulk up the muscles but still burn off the fat around it. I have the same problem with years of sport equally chunky thighs. And oh those inner thighs - if I could afford lipo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm not alone in the "my thighs are huge" club. ... What's wrong with clothing manufacturers?! They should adjust clothing to fit us, we shouldn't have to adjust ourselves! Dang it. If you find the secret to thinner thighs please share it with me! I've been struggling with this my entire life.

    ReplyDelete