Monday, September 19, 2011

(non) date update

My date with N didn’t happen this weekend. I am pretty bummed because I was looking forward to seeing him. This is what happened: Thursday night I get a text from N saying, “Hey K it’s N we met last Saturday at _______. Would love to grab a drink with you, what are your plans this weekend?” And I responded with, “Hey! It was great meeting you N, let’s definitely get together. I will be around this weekend.” He then replied with, “Perfect. I will shoot you a text tomorrow to see what you’re up to. I may have to work late but maybe after we can meet up.” And I said “Sounds great.” Anyway, he ended up having to work late on Friday (I'm assuming) so we never got together. He then texted me on Saturday asking what I was up to for the night and I told him that my friend was suppose to be visiting but plans fell through. He said one of his friends was flying in from out of town but the flight was delayed so he asked if I wanted to grab drinks and I said “Sure, let’s do it.” I was really excited to see him and wanted to look really cute so I did my hair, changed my outfit like 5 times, and was in the middle of doing my makeup when he texted “Shit looks like my friend’s flight will be here in 45 minutes. I won’t be able to make it tonight sorry… maybe tomorrow.” At that point I was really upset because I was looking forward to going out and seeing him. I know he had no control over the situation, but I felt like I was being stood up even though I wasn’t. I was just bummed because I was 90% ready and he had canceled last minute. I didn’t want to respond because I was so upset but I just said “Okay have a good night.” I wouldn’t have been able to see him on Sunday, but he never got in touch with me anyway so it didn’t matter. I don’t know how to do the text game. Usually, I’ll text the guy a lot in the beginning if I like him and I'm interested in him. For instance, on Friday he never called or texted to let me know he was working late (annoying) so on Saturday I was going to text him and be like “Work late last night?” but only in a cuter/much nicer way. But then I decided not to because I want the guy to really pursue me for once! And I thought it paid off because he eventually got in touch with me on Saturday, but now I’m tempted to text him again and just say something like “hey how was your weekend?” But, maybe I shouldn’t? This is why I am single!!! I don’t know how to do this kind of stuff. Do I text him so he knows I’m interested or do I let him chase me for a while?? UGH. What would you girls do? I’m pretty sure his cousin already told him I’m really interested though so maybe I’ll just let HIM keep doing the work… then after we finally go out I’ll change that.

It’s Monday and I didn’t maintain my Friday weight over the weekend so I’ll be focused on that. Today’s game plan is to eat below 700 calories (salad, grilled chicken, veggies, tuna) and hit the gym for lots of cardio and some weights. I feel like I'm abusing my body and I hate that. I don't feed it like I should and I put A LOT of caffeine in my system. I am definitely becoming way too dependent on it. On average, I have AT LEAST 400mg of caffeine a day to sometimes up to 600-800mg a day. I just did a quick google search and it looks like 400-500mg is a "safe" amount, according to one study. Blah I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for you with the whole date thing. If I were you I'd text him back, but not too much. He could get anoyed by you if you keep constantly sending him messages but he has to know that you're interested.

    I'm probably in the same caffiene range as you (if not a little less. I haven't become THAT dependent on it yet. Missed a few afternoon coffees here and that didn't affect me too much. Just try to lower your consumption a little bit and you should be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... What would I do? I would probably be casual about it. I would eventually text ("Hey, What's up? How was the weekend?" or casually invited him out with friends of mine later in the week or weekend. You know, a friendly, "Hey I'm heading to ___ with some friends if you guys wanna meet up." Keeps it casual, yet let's him know you're interested. I think it shows you're confident and interesting! It's worked for me in the past... but maybe dating is different these days? :o| Who knows. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete