Tuesday, September 6, 2011

tuesday

Back on the grind. It feels like a Monday morning, but it’s really Tuesday. That’s definitely one of the perks of a long holiday weekend. It was raining when I woke up this morning and I think I changed my outfit about 10 times because I didn’t know what to wear. At first I was going to wear pants to work because rain = cold and wet and I thought I’d be more comfortable wearing pants. But I looked fat (thighs!!) in all of them. I was running late so I decided on a skirt, which I’m happy about because my calves and ankles are at least somewhat slim and plus it’s still warm out. Anyway, the scale gave me the “typical Monday morning number.” I feel so carb-ed up and full from this weekend’s drinking and eating. Gross. If all goes well today I should be down -2lbs tomorrow (water weight).

I have no plans after work today so I’m going to hit the gym long and hard! I managed to make it to the gym yesterday morning, which was great. I told myself that I have to workout AT LEAST 4 days per week now that I’m back in school (classes start tomorrow). I won’t be able to workout on school night (Wednesday and Thursday) and I skipped the gym on Sunday, which meant I absolutely HAD to go yesterday. I can definitely say this – I’ve never regretted a workout. I did 40 mins on the arc trainer, 20 mins weights/abs, and ran 1 mile sort of fast on the treadmill. I’ve been doing so much elliptical/arc trainer work so my running sucks. I need to build up my running endurance and stamina. Today I’m going to do 1.25 miles and then keep working my way up. All cardio today since I did weights yesterday.

I need to plan out my food/meals for the week. I’m not sure what I’m going to do on school nights with dinner etc. I could skip dinner obviously, but I function better with food. I don’t know, I have another day to think about it. For today it will be: no breakfast (0), healthy lunch salad (170), cheese stick (90), chicken (150), corn (70), fudgesicle (40). Also, I did some homework/reading for school yesterday and I was snacking like crazy. THIS CAN NOT BECOME A HABIT. So I’m making a new rule for myself: when doing school work I can only chew sugar-free gum and drink non-cal/low-call liquids like water, tea, coffee, and maybe low-cal/no-sugar added hot chocolate (my fav in the winter).

2 comments:

  1. I totally relate to the getting dressed thing. Hope it's better tomorrow.

    I do the same thing when working too, I allow myself water or tea, and occasionally Altoids Smalls (mints). If I chew gum I'll chew for hours and my jaw will ache. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. zero: I like the mints idea. I may have to add that on to my list :)

    ReplyDelete