Thursday, September 29, 2011

roller coaster

I’m down -2.4lbs since my Monday morning weight, but I’m not happy because this Thursday’s weight is higher than my Thursday weight last week. I wish these scale weigh-ins didn’t affect my mood so much, but I can’t help it. I don’t even know what my true weight is at this point. Things I do know: (1) I’ve been bloated since Monday and I’m 99% sure it’s from all the Fiber One products I’ve been eating (cereal bars and 90-calorie brownies), (2) my body is adjusting to this plan and isn’t responding like it use to. So, NOTE TO SELF: no more Fiber One foods. They are OK, but definitely not worth it. One 90-calorie brownie does not satisfy me (it’s practically half air), which means I’m always looking for something else to eat on top of it. Also, the fiber has been going in but hasn’t exactly been coming out, if you know what I mean. UGH. I don’t know what my plan will be going forward. I need to design a plan for myself that’s easy enough to follow, yet gets the job done, so that I can be consistent with it. Consistently is the key for me.

Right now my eating plan is: no breakfast, 100-150c salad or soup for lunch, grilled chicken with veggies or soup for dinner, and snacks (popcorn, cereal bars, hummus, etc). I typically keep my intake at around 600-800 calories, sometimes 900, but definitely under 1000. So, maybe I should change up my snacks. Less carbs, more fruits and veggies. And also, keep the soup sodium levels low. For exercise, I’ve been trying to workout 5 days per week but realistically have only managed 4 days due to school and friends/family commitments. I definitely need to switch it up at the gym. More running, less elliptical. More abs. And maybe more bodyweight exercise instead of free weights and machines. So yeah, that may be my plan for the new month.

Speaking of October, Halloween is coming up. My friends and I are planning to get dressed up and go out and party. I need to start brainstorming ideas. And I also need to look thin in my costume. Is anyone else getting dressed up for Halloween??

1 comment:

  1. I hate when I weight more one week as opposed to the last. It affects my mood aswell.
    I've actually never really relied on fiber one products, just fruits and veggies for me.

    I'm definitely getting dressed up for Halloween. I have a couple ideas for costumes (these are ones that I'm thinking of but you can certainly use them too)like a scene girl, dark fairy, punk rocker or goth bride. Something along those lines. I haven't bought anything yet because I can probably make those costumes from things I have at home and I'm trying to get thin for Halloween so what's the point of buying a $50+ costume that's going to end up being too big one you?

    ReplyDelete