Thursday, September 8, 2011

school daze

Down -0.8lbs this morning. I will take it, especially since I had such a big scale move the previous morning. Yesterday was nuts. I was on the go non-stop: went to work, doctor’s appointment, back to work, school for three hours, and then finally home. I had so many nerves due to the first day of school, which made my appetite basically non-existent. I ate an apple and protein shake for lunch (190) and another apple for dinner (90). Then I had my evening class. I made the mistake of getting a large green tea from Starbucks for class. I had already had about 500mg of caffeine in my system and the green tea added 50-100mg more. I really need to back off on the caffeine because I couldn’t unwind at all last night when I got home from class. I was up until 1am, which meant I only got 5.5 hours of “sleep.” The good news is that I was able to crank out 2.5 hours of reading/homework last night. But this can’t become a habit so I need to adjust my caffeine intake big time.

I’ve been brainstorming food/meal plans for school nights. I was unprepared yesterday. Halfway through class we had a break and most people got a snack of some sort. I knew I should eat something because I only 280 calories so far, but pickings were slim. I ended up getting a package of those crackers with peanut butter. Only 190 cals, so that wasn’t bad. But again, I don’t’ want to make vending machine snacks a habit so I need to plan better. I’m thinking I will either do soup for lunch and then homemade salad pre-class on school nights or homemade salad for lunch and apple with a protein bar pre-class. Tonight I’m bringing water (!), an apple, and then I’m going to get a granola bar or high-protein bar if it’s available. UGH food planning is annoying sometimes. The great part about school is that it takes up 6 hour of my week now, which is 6 hours that I used to spend watching tv and snacking. When I got home last night I was pretty hungry (only 470 cals for the day versus my usual 600-900) so I made a salad and then had a string cheese.

I’m really happy tomorrow is Friday. I’m excited to catch up on some sleep this weekend and just relax after a crazy day of work/school. Tonight is another three hours of class. I must watch my caffeine intake!

No comments:

Post a Comment