Wednesday, September 7, 2011

staying on track

Down 3lbs from yesterday!! Clearly, you can’t lose 3lbs of fat overnight so there’s definitely some water weight and glycogen involved there. But I did wake up this morning feeling super lean and light. And I also notice changes in my body. For instance, my stomach is much leaner and there is little/no bloat versus a few months ago when I had some pudge going on. I’ve been overeating and “overcarbing” on the weekends, which is making it difficult for me to make any significant progress on the scale. But I’m still seeing changes. Maybe this means the scale is reflecting excess water weight instead of fat? I do not know.

I do know that I’m very thankful for this blog because it really holds me accountable. I stuck to my plan yesterday to the T even though I wanted to quit at one point. I was on the treadmill doing my 1.25 mile run and I so badly wanted to stop after the 1 mile because I was “tired” and felt a bit claustrophobic with people running right next to me, BUT I remembered that I told you girls that I would do 1.25 so I sucked it up and did it! I didn’t start this blog with that mindset… but writing/typing out my goals really helps me and motivates me to achieve them. Overall, my gym workout yesterday consisted of: 60 mins on the arc trainer, 1.25 miles running @ 7 mph on the treadmill, and then 10 mins of alternating sprints @ 9.5 mph and walking at 3 mph. I felt great afterwards. Food wise I also stuck to my plan and came in at about 650 calories.

Today is going to be a very busy day for me. I only got 6 hours of sleep last night (I like to get 8) so it could also be a looooong day for me too. I had such a hard time falling asleep last night. I think I had too much caffeine in my system. But that stuff really helps me GSD (get shit done) so I don’t see myself giving it up anytime soon. Usually I’m grumpy the next morning when I don’t sleep well, but thanks to the scale this morning that’s not the case. Anyway, I have work then it’s straight to my first class tonight. Three hours!! I know I’ll be able to get through it tonight, but I’m sure those three hours are going to get old fast. Work + school means no gym today. This was another reason I tried to have good gym session yesterday. I have class again tomorrow night so I won’t make it back to the gym until Friday, which is usually my off day. I get a total “Friday” mindset that makes me want to just veg out after work and drink booze and eat yummy (but bad) foods. This mindset needs to be broken!!

I didn’t know what to make for my meals today. I have a doctor’s appointment at lunchtime so I didn’t pack my usual salad. Instead I packed 2 apples and I plan to buy 2 of those already made protein shakes after work, so I can have an apple and shake for lunch and then another apple and shake for dinner. Meh. I had no idea what to pack? I think this will hold me over through work and school and fill me up though. In total it’s about 400 calories. This can’t be my school day meal/meals though so I definitely need to come up with other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment