Wednesday, August 24, 2011

back to my routine

Thank you for all the comments lately! The feedback and support I get from you girls is very motivating and inspiring for me so I want you to know I really appreciate it. In fact, Thin_Evny when I quickly read over your comment I first thought it said “I hope you get your ass to the gym tomorrow” and I thought “wow she’s tough” and told myself I would make sure to hit the gym tomorrow, no excuses. And then I re-read it again and realized it said “I hope I get my ass to the gym tomorrow.” :)

I was down another -1lb this morning. I weighed myself three times while my sister was in the shower because I didn’t believe it, but each time the scale gave me the same number. I’m not going to complain buuuut I’m a little skeptical. We’ll see what the lovely scale tells me tomorrow.

Yesterday was ok. I had coffee for breakfast and then my 150c salad for lunch. After work my sister and I walked around town. I didn’t go to the gym due to my sister’s visit so it was nice to get outside and get some type of exercise in. For dinner, I stuck with avocado maki and edamame (steamed soybeans). My sister ordered soup and an order of the veggie fried rice. She (like many normal food eaters I guess) was really excited about the menu and kept saying “wow that sounds so good” “oooh maybe I should order that” “mmmm that’s what I think I’ll get.” She was practically drooling over the menu haha, which totally turned me off. When people get excited about food I get really turned off and annoyed. (IAMSOWEIRD). Anyway, the rice dish was huge and she kept insisting I take some of it so I put a scoop on my plate, ate one bite, and moved the rest around my plate. I hate the feeling of having food forced upon me. It makes me really angry, when it shouldn’t. Later that night we watched cheesy reality TV and I munched on a string cheese and a sugar-free fudgesicle. This is why I wasn’t expecting to lose this morning. I think I had about 900 cals, but I’m not sure because restaurant food always throws me off.

My sister left this morning and I already miss her. It’s gong to be so quiet when I get home later. The plan for the day is to hit the gym hard and then have a nice low-cal homemade dinner. BTW, this is really random but does anyone have any suggestions for a really good flat iron? The wiring on my $100+ flat iron all f-ed up so I need to get a new one. It’s still under warranty so I’m going to send it back to get fixed, but in the meantime I need to get another one. I’m open to all suggestions and price ranges (I'm thinking of just getting a cheap (but good!) flat iron while I wait for this one to get fixed).

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the -1 lb.! I weigh myself multiple times too, especially when the number decreases unexpectedly. I figure the number is going in the correct direction, so it can't be a bad thing. :o) As for a flat iron... I have 1" Chi. I can't remember how much it cost... I don't think it was too expensive. I've had it for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to hear about your sisters visit. you sound very close to her, that's lovely and so important to be connected like that. sounds like you did really well with dinner and it paid off :)

    ReplyDelete