Tuesday, August 30, 2011

no bloating

Things have been going pretty well. I woke up this morning feeling light and lean. The scale was also down from yesterday, although I will admit that I lost some ground over the weekend so I’m sort of where I was on Friday. Weekends are the worst for me. I say this all the time, but the complete lack of routine/structure makes it really difficult for me to restrict and stick to my workout plan. This past weekend we were also faced with the threat of Hurricane Irene (thankfully the area I live in did not get hit hard), so I basically stayed in all weekend. Snooze. I cleaned my entire apartment from top to bottom (good), but I didn’t count cals and ate more than I should have. I didn’t pig out or anything but just ate enough to undue my progress a bit. Anyway: new day, new week.

Lately, I’ve been noticing the lack of my tummy bloat. I used to have the worst bloating every day. It wasn’t painful but it made me look pregnant. I would leave my apartment in the morning with a nice empty, flat stomach but when I’d get home from work I would have a bloated, pregnant-looking tummy. It was really disturbing. But lately this hasn’t been happening!! I don’t know why exactly. I’ve been trying to think of things that may have changed. Some possibilities: I don’t eat breakfast at all anymore (used to eat a low-cal yogurt or protein shake), I don’t drink caffeinated coffee (I now take supplements that contain caffeine), I no longer buy my lunch (I used to buy a salad from the salad bar every day, but now I pack my own homemade salad). I think those are the only real changes. Hmmm.

Anyway, does anyone watch the Jersey Shore? I can’t get enough of it. Those people are crazy, but the show is so entertaining. The last episode Ronnie and the Situation got into a physically alteration and Ronnie was storming around without a shirt on. At times he would lift his arms up in anger and you could see his ribs from the back. It was amazing!! He is a total “juicehead” and a bit short but he has a nice physique.

Yesterday was good. I’ve come to the realization that Mondays are my best days. I just naturally restrict and I’m naturally motivated to workout. I hit the gym after work and did 60 mins of vigorous elliptical work. Then I jogged/sprinted for 1 mile. Food wise I ate my homemade salad (160), grilled chicken with side of steamed peas (200), and two sugar-free fudgesicles (80). I was going to have tuna over some lettuce to get in more protein, but I was too lazy to prepare it… so I just substituted the tuna with a couple of glasses of wine. Oops.

Rachel B. Nutt: The supplements I take are called Prograde Metabolism. They are pretty pricey and can only be purchased online. I’m almost done with my bottle but I don’t think I’d buy them again. They are ok, but not worth the price (in my opinion).

3 comments:

  1. Light and lean. What a great way to start the day! Kudos on the 60 min of elliptical/mile run. I get worn out on the elliptical... I have little energy. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondays are good for me also. It's the damn weekends I struggle with as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stomach bloats like that when I eat any dairy. I'm lactose intolerant, but maybe the dairy you were having in the morning was doing that. Even people who don't get sick from eating dairy produce less and less lactase, the enzyme needed to digest lactose, as they age. So it might have been staying in your tummy a little longer than you'd like.

    ReplyDelete