Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ME tuesday

I was down -2.8lbs this morning. Water and glycogen weight loss I'm sure, so now it's prime time for fat burning. I didn't have anything planned for today so I took my time waking up and getting ready. My breakfast has been three cups of strong coffee as of late. After two hours or so I laced up my running shoes and did a quick 1 mile run around my block to get my metabolism going. It feels so nice to start a day knowing that you are absolutely free of work, appointment, and all other type of responsibilities. I swear, if I didn't have to work, I wouldn't. Or maybe just part-time. Anyway, the rest of my day was spent running errands (stocked up on diet coke, tuna, and sugar-free gum), watching movies, going to the library, enjoying the sunshine, and working out (2 hours of cardio at the gym). Intake was under 500 cals for the day. I'm hoping for at least -1lb loss for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I plan to lay out all day and work on my fading tan. I also have a massage appointment booked for the afternoon which I'm really, really looking forward to. It's been forever since I've gotten a massage. Then after that I have a mani/pedi & drinks date with my friend E. I hope she doesn't want to order apps or anything. Sometimes when we go out she wants to order at appetizer and asks me if I want to. I always say no, I'm not hungry, I just ate, etc. But then she ALWAYS says "Well I'm only going to order something if you'll eat some of it, otherwise I won't order anything." And obviously she's hungry and she wants to order something so I feel bad and guilty and always cave in and say OK but then I only eat one or two nacho chips, or fries or whatever it is and just dominate the convo by talking (while she's eating) so she doesn't know that she just ate 95% of the app and I only had 5%... or even 1%. But then of course we end up splitting the bill at the end of it all...gah!

2 comments:

  1. I like starting my day with a run too. It gets the metabolism going and I find it puts you in the mindset of sticking to your eating/fasting/diet goals. If I didn't have to work I wouldn't either, I'd spend my days doing stuff I love. Like traveling, working out etc.

    Have fun with your friend. Fingers crossed there are no apps involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I have a girlfriend who's an app lover too. I used to have lunches/dinners with her, but I got sick of eating crap I didn't really want to consume. So now we have "coffee talk" instead. :o)

    ReplyDelete