Friday, August 12, 2011

friday


This week has been really long. Work has been busy and each day I get home I’m exhausted. I’m so happy it is Friday! I don’t have anything planned for tonight so I’ll probably do some house cleaning (maybe laundry) and watch a good movie or two. I want to get a good night’s rest. Tomorrow I plan to workout in the morning and then go shopping before my parents come to visit. We are going out to dinner but I’m not sure where. I’m not being super restrictive with my eating right now. I’m not tracking every single one of my calories and I have been eating some not so great foods (tortilla chips/salsa, lean cuisine pizza, chocolate, etc), but I’ve been trying to balance it out with working out. I’m still down from Monday’s weigh-in so as long as I don’t go back up to that (or worse: past that weigh) then I’m okay with it. Once Monday hits I’m going back to restricting/strict calorie counting. I have an event on Thursday and I want to look really, really good so I’m using that as Motivation.

Nothing else new is going on in my life. Sometimes I feel like such a boring person. I’m not very social so I only go out with friends 1-2 times per week. Monday through Thursday I basically have the same schedule: wake up à work à gym à shower à dinner à tv/internet à bed. Then I’ll go out with friends on Friday and/or Saturday night. Sometimes during the work week I’ll meet up with friends for happy hour drinks or (rarely) dinner.

My schedule is going to be changing pretty drastically starting next month though. I’m going to graduate school part-time. So two nights per week I’ll be taking 3-hour classes at one of the universities here in the city. It’s going to be quite demanding and time consuming but the pay off will be worth it. The whole program will take me about 3 years to complete (that is, if I take classes in the fall, spring, AND summer). I’m nervous to go back to school but I think it will be a good thing for me to put myself out of my comfort zone. Ha, so much easier said than done though, right?

2 comments:

  1. You sound a lot like me! I don't go out much either. I'm also going back to school in Fall. Just a few classes and I'm nervous. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fed Up - You remind me very much of myself too! I think we'll be fine in our classes, it will be interesting to hear about your experiences with that too. Have a good weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete