Friday, August 26, 2011

TGIF

I weighed in the same today, which I’m ok with. I had a few good losing days in a row so I can’t be greedy. Yesterday was pretty good. I hit the gym after work and did 20 mins of weights for arms/shoulders/chest/back, 15 mins of sprints/jogging, then 20 mins of elliptical. I love that post-workout feel. After the gym I went to CVS to purchase a cheapo flat iron to use while I wait for my other (more expensive) one to get fixed. Sometimes these stores can be a danger zone for me with all the snacks/candy on display. There was a time when I would grab a package of pretzel m&ms almost every time I went there. But yesterday I was really good and still on that post-workout buzz that it didn’t even cross my mind to get anything. It wasn’t even on my radar. I think it was also due to the metabolism supplement that I’ve been taking because that stuff definitely suppresses my appetite. For dinner I made a veggie burger with a side of steamed corn and a glass of wine.

I need to outline my plan for today. Friday-Sunday is when I struggle the most because I subconsciously associate The Weekend with Free For All/No Work and No Rules. I also get really down on myself because I often feel alone over the weekend. The work week keeps me really busy and distracts me from these feelings, but over the weekend I have way to much free time which means way to much free time to think. Anyway, enough of that pity party. I need to be strict with my cal intake today because (1) I’m going out to happy hour drinks after work and (2) I won’t be working out. Tomorrow I plan to eat my first meal at 12pm. I think it will help if I skip breakfast (which I do anyway during the work week) because not eating makes me not hungry, while eating just makes me hungry. If that makes sense? There are weekend days where I’ll get up and immediately eat breakfast… which makes me want to have a snack… then something sweet… then something salty… etc etc. It’s ridiculous. Hurricane Irene is expected to hit the East Coast this weekend so I’m not sure what I’ll be doing this weekend. I definitely need to clean my apartment though, that’s for sure.

By the way, thank you for all the support and the comments you guys leave. I appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. May I ask what metabolism supplement you take? I really want to find a decent one.

    Eating definitely makes me hungrier than not eating. I know exactly what you mean. I find that skipping breakfast helps me, too. I think it has to do with being a "water type" as opposed to a "fire type."

    Check out this link from my favorite yogis that explains fire and water types: https://www.raviana.com/faq_188.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your dedication to lifting weights! I tend to feel really awkward at the gym so lifting weights is rarely something I do alone - or at all. :o(

    ReplyDelete